Or what have I gotten myself into? An Accumark Mk V in 340 was just a little bit too good a deal to pass on. I'm getting brass with it so that will help the ouch on the wallet. The Norma Weatherby brass isn't cheap!

I'm wondering what would be a good powder to start with? I'm thinking of starting with lighter bullets like 185 gr ttsx or maybe 200 Accubond, 210 partition or 210 Sirocco for a bit more manageable recoil.

I have a possible scope for it, a Sightron S3 3.5-10x44mm it should be good and reliable but the eye relief is listed 3.6-3.8" which might be borderline for something like a 340 ?

Anybody run one of these things? Not the ultralight minimalist rigs that seem to be so popular these days but I always wanted to try a Weatherby and the 340 seems to have an old school hot rod coolness all its own. I was just reading a little Bob Hagel, and he seemed to like his. I'm sure Elmer Keith would approve too, especially if I could find some 275 gr bullets to load for it... you know for raking shots on bull elk in the timber laugh