My favorite elk rifle is still a synthetic stocked Wby. Its probably taken 2 dozen elk, and multiple deer and antelope, all in the 3-500yd range. It shot factory 210 partitions in to bug hole sized groups. Sadly,they discontinued the loading. They clocked 3250fps and the factory 225s were 3080. Since moving back east, it’s sat idle in the safe. My summer reloading project includes some 225 AB and RL26. I hope to use it on deer this year....just because. I could never get my handloads in 210 to match the velocity and accuracy of the factory fodder at the same time.

I too was a Bob Hagel reader. As I recall, he noted the 210s penetrated nearly as deep as the 250s while shooting much flatter. I liked them because even at 500yds, they’d expand in the lungs of an antelope.

Some folks are intimidated by the recoil. I find it more it comfortable than an identical rifle in 300wby. More of a shove than a crack. I would opt for a longer eye relief scope in the event you find yourself shooting from an awkward position. Mine has had a Varix-III 3.5x10 on it since the mid 90s.