Originally Posted by MarineHawk
It’s an awesome rifle/cartridge combo. Congrats!

When I first bought mine 11 years ago, I thought the same way you did. I bought and first tried out some cartridges with lightweight bullets because of my fear of the infamous recoil. I went to the range and shot some 200 ad 210 grain bullets and was underwhelmed with the recoil. Loaded up some 250gr partitions and didn’t notice any difference.

I have settled on the CorBon factory 225gr TTSXs (https://shopcorbon.com/index.php?ro...oduct_id=72&mfp=11-type-of-cartridge[Rifle]&sort=p.price&order=DESC), which leave my 26” barreled Accumark at 3,140 fps (through three separate chronos).

They seem to work well in that rifle.

3-shot groups last fall at 100 Yds sighting in a new scope:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Okay on game:

[Linked Image]

I still have those 200gr & 210gr cartridges sitting idle in boxes in the garage 11 years later.

Now there's a report you can take to the bank!

My moose wasn't quite that big but those 250gr Partitions leaving the muzzle of my 26" Browning A-Bolt (rechambered from a .338 Win Mag with a new .375 H&H clip) at 3000 fps, put him down on the spot after a couple of steps. And no CNS or heart hits, just lungs at 165 yards.

I made my brass from .375 H&H necked in a .340 die and fire-formed using about 35 grs SR4759 at 2100 fps for the 200gr Nosler BT. Accurate, and a great deer load! That brass was given to me at our range, once fired. I never used Weatherby .340 cases. They were stronger than the Weatherby stuff if Hagel was right in his experience, which I believe he was. They lasted "forever" with the one load used for hunting - the 250 NP at a ten-year average of 2997 fps over the Chrony. RL-22 proved best at an average MOA of 1.25", and I shot 1000 through it. Primers were WLRM.

Rifle weight with scope and ammo = about 8.75 lbs. Never ever worried me in hunting. Calculated recoil = 54 ft-lbs. At the bench, I first expected some unpleasantness, but it proved no more intimidating than a .375 H&H, which bothered me not at all. To be honest, though, I was into shooting some heavy-kicking rifles in those days. Hey, I still am! My favorite is a .458 Win Mag! But now at 83 I use a Lead Sled for that!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 06/24/19.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus