I love mine. I built it in 1980. Mark X Mauser action opened up to 375 length. 26" Douglas barrel. Model 70 safety. Got a California English walnut blank from Don Allen and my MSP trooper buddy did the stock work. It weights 9 lbs with the 3.5x10 Leupold. I broke a sight base screw and had them drilled out to 8-40. No problems with them now. It is extremely accurate with H-4831 and 250 Partitions. I use 300 wby brass necked up to .338 then fire formed. In 1982 I carried it up a mountain outside of Leadville, CO in the Holy Cross wilderness area along with a 90 lb pack with my brother and 2 other police officers. Didn't get a shot, but did get High Altitude Pulmonary Edema after 3 days. (12,000 feet) Started coughing up blood. My brother carried me down to the truck parked at 10,000 feet and then made two trips for our gear. Spent the next 5 days in Vail hospital in intensive care. I thought I was in great shape, 34 years old, 6', 190 and could run 5 miles. Doc said I went up too fast and my body couldn't adjust. Kind of like the bends. Wife says no more trips for elk over 5,000 feet. I'm 70 now and just retired a year ago. Just shoot the 340 for fun. It kicks some, but still less than the 416 mag and 458 mag I used to own.