A couple of interesting points $5K does not get much in the US and for the most part it would be for 1 animal and that is fine with me. When I did my drop hunt for moose in 2000 it cost me roughly 6K with no taxidermy, Caribou a few years latter roughly $4K, Brown Bear with a 1on1 guide with taxidermy full mount just shy 0f 30K. My shipping was cheap in my opinion, a couple years ago I hunted Musk ox, not cheap but what woke me up to get the cape horns and remainder hide was in the 3.5K range, everyone had their hands out the package went half way around the world for various reasons and the US imported and F&W US was about 30% of this amount and the crate only weighed 50 pounds. I did the hunt in March 2017 and received the crate a couple of weeks ago, a little over 2 years.
I have no interest with Africa but a few of my friend have and most will only take pictures now and leave everything there since the handling charges many times exceed the cost of the hunt, a couple of the hides where destroyed due to improper preparation.

NRA Life Member. Illinois Rifle Assoc Life Member, USN,