Forgot to include and too late to edit:

It's also a good idea, if you can, to split your ammo and other clothing/kit between your bags. Example, when my wife and I go, like on this upcoming trip to Namibia and Botswana, we split half of each others clothing and kit between each of our checked bags. Same with the ammo - half of each of our ammo divided between each of our locked ammo cases and one ammo case in each checked bag. That way if one gets delayed we still have at least half of our clothing, kit and ammo until the rest shows up.

Have a friend and his son in Namibia right now. They left on 1 July and arrived 3 July. Delta/KLM via Amsterdam. One bag didn't make it when they arrived. Filled the lost bag report with KLM and sent me a copy of the report, baggage claim number and booking confirmation number. Over the past several days, and multiple calls and emails and Whatsapp messages to KLM, they finally got the bag to Namibia on the 6th and it is supposed to be driven the 500k to them today. Split their clothing, kit and ammo as above and while they have been "inconvenienced", they have had enough ammo and kit that it didn't stop the hunting.

Edited to add:

Since I mentioned the Whatsapp messaging smartphone app above, if you don't have it loaded on your phone and set up, I would highly recommend you get it. Over a billion users worldwide and it seams in Africa, if anyone has a smart phone, they use this app. It's original developers and app was bought out by [bleep] and I despise him and [bleep], the app does provide individual user to user encryption, and you can do messaging, voice and video calls to any other Whatsapp user for free over your data connection or WIFI. It also works across OS platforms, i.e. between Goggle phones and iPhones.

When we travel outside the US, when we board the plane for the flight over, the phones go into "Plane Mod" and stay there until we are back in the US. We just selectively turn on WIFI to pop email or check Whatsapp messages and make calls home or to others. Because Whatsapp is so widespread, even KLM has a Whatsapp number listed on their website. With a little advance planning before your trip, you can find at least someone at your various destinations, lodging etc. on Whatsapp and add them to your contact list. Just about every shop, cafe', restaurant in Africa has WIFI. It will be password protected but, if you are a "customer" they will give you the password and you can log on.

CAUTION - I is NOT a good idea to log on to your bank accounts or credit card accounts while on ANY public WIFI ANYWHERE, stateside or oversea unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Exception to this would be the WIFI connection that might be available at your PH/Outfitters.

Sorry for getting way off the OP's original topic/question.

Last edited by M3taco; 07/10/19.