Originally Posted by JamesJr
good post, even if you are north of the Mason-Dixon line.

The thing about this discussion is this......it's very evident to see that we're still fighting the War Between the States to one degree or another.

Seems to me that the majority of the folks still fighting the War Between the States are the folks who fancy themselves "Southerners" rather than just plain "Americans" like me! And Kentucky was at best a border state, not a southern state. Some of us really need to get over ourselves.
I think that after 150 years, Generals Lee, Longstreet, Jackson, Johnson and Forrest himself would agree with me.
We Americans got enemies of our own, we ought to quit this stupid drawing of lines amongst ourselves.
The folks taking down statues and burning Stars and Bars ain't "Yankees". They're grinding an axe aimed at Americans. You southern fellows need to remember this when you start to spout off about Yankees
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden