Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by laker
Putting together a 6.5-06 and am thnking about putting a SWFA 10x on it. How do you guys like the 10x for shooting out to 600-700 yards? Gun is going to be used on a lot of coyote huntings and also up to elk. Do you feel underscoped at longer distances with the 10x?

I run a 10X SWFA on one of my main hunting rifles and it is just fine. It has a number of elk to its credit.

I know Scenar shooter on here also ran a fixed 10x (S&B) for years, and I believe he still does on a number of his guns.

In regards to your question about feeling underscoped at longer distances with a 10x;
Last year I shot my cow elk at a shade over 600 yards with my 20" 308 that is topped with a 2.5-10X NF.
10x is plenty.

I just set my kids 20" .308 Tikka up with an SWFA 6X MIL/MIL and in playing with it, it is a pretty stellar all around package too, but for a 6.5-06 I would got with the 10X.

My two cents - under 100 yards, the 10x is a soda straw view for me, and I've got to be paying more attention when I put the scope between my eye and the intended target.

With 6x, its better for a close range view - a subjective evaluation - but I find that I have an easier time getting on target with the 6x than the 10x for woods hunting.

At distance - 200+, I'm not under powered with 6x, but the 10x is easier on the aging eyesight for me.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/15/19.