I have several 6x and 10x. I have a 10x on my 6.5 grendel ar. It shoots extremely well with 123 amazes. It has a 18" BHW 8 twist.

I took it hunting a few years ago and while trying to get on some running deer early in the morning made me wish I had a 6x on. I think the 6x is far better when light is less than ideal. My grendel frequently shoots 1/4 moa groups so I've been reluctant to mess with it.

I think that from here on out if the rifle is primarily for big game and I want to go fixed I'll go 6x. I still have 10x on things like my ctr 308 and others that are mostly range rigs or small game.

I much prefer the glass on the 3-9 SS to any of the fixed.
A few years ago when I was trying to find an OEM manufacturer in Japan to build a fixed 8 for me I discovered that there are 2 different OEM manufacturers in Japan. Talking to them gave me the impression that each of them build some models of the SS. I believe the 3-9, which is my favorite, is built by Light Optical Works.

I had what I thought would be a great fixed 8 lined out with one of them. Problem was that after several thousand for a prototype they wanted a 500 piece per item initial order. Some guys have to have MOA instead of mil/mil so to do both was 1000 units. Could have ran 250k just for the first order.

I don't know why moa guys think they can't do mils. At least most manufacturers are no longer doing moa clicks with a mil retical. I guess being stuck running that crap back in the day made me not fear either. Seriously though, you guys that are scared of mil/mil are being completely irrational. In the end your still just turning the knob to a number and mils are better because thinking in 10s is intuitive.

My vote 6x for a big game gun, 10x for a range or varmint gun. At least until I get my 8x models built.

Bb