Drove was a '67 Olds wagon in the junkyard. We had the torches in the back and drove it to whatever we were working on. I was 11 or 12 years old.
First on the road was a '71 Galaxy, our family car. A few years later that mild mannered Galaxy became known as "Henry the Ford". Celebrated for his hubcap tossing donuts! grin
My first car was a '72 Monte Carlo with a 402 bigblock and a 12 bolt posi. It was wrecked, and I worked on that car for a year repairing and restoring it. Since I had so much work in it, it was my "Baby". I raced it occasionally and did donuts to show off, but I never beat on it like I did Henry. I don't like to brag, but it was the nicest car of my school class, and a lot of us had nice cars.
The Old Man was worried about a 17 year old with that big motor. There was a wrecked '75 Caprice with a 305. "If I find out you're racing that thing, I'll pull that motor and stick that 305 in There!" eek
When I got outta the Army, I got into racing on a dirt track and sold the Monte Carlo to a guy who promised to take care of it.
Instead it sit for 4 years and ended up getting stripped. I still regret selling it.
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 07/19/19.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden