Learned to drive in '66-'67 in an old -61 Ranchero converted to three on the floor. Learned to shift in a very mechanical and precise way as it would get stuck between First/reverse side and second/ third side if you didn't time it and move the shifter very precisely in a certain plane. Dad knew I wouldn't be able to hot rod too much with that shifter. The 3 spd and the six cylinder would have been an excellent street racer. The six had lots of torque but you couldn't use it if you had to. Cagey guy my Dad. Probably why I'm alive today. My first car on the streets was a '66 Falcon with automatic and six cylinder. Another slow car. Eventually I progressed to a 67 Mustang fastback with a 390 4bbl and auto. As a young adult I got a Mustang fastback 428 Cobra Jet with shaker on the hood and factory "Drag Pack" according to the spec sheet. You had to pull the motor to get to the plugs on one side. Sold it for a good profit and started getting into older pickups. Favorite even today was an old F250 fulltime 4x4 with 4 spd . It was a beat up repainted truck from the phone cable splicers. I could go almost anywhere with it. The winch I put on the front pulled a lot of medium sized logs and got me out of trouble a couple of times. Long gone, I wish for another one to happen to be refurbed and available. Don't need the paint job. Be Well. Packy