A 1960 "really plain Jane"sage green Chevrolet Corvair 4-door sedan, with AT, green-checked cloth bench seats, blackwall tires & a basic AM radio. - My aunt taught me to drive in that sedan at age 14..

I learned, year later, that my Aunt Gladys Helen MAY have bought the FIRST Corvair that was ever sold to the "general public", as her childhood friend sold it to her because her 1957 Plymouth Fury had "blown up" on the way home from her job as the Nurse Administrator for our city/county hospital.
(Also, she HAD to return to work in 6 hours, after a "double shift" in the OR.)

Years later, I asked her HOW she got him to sell a car, that he had been told NOT to sell any Corvairs until the "official announcement date". = She laughed & said, "BeeGee" always had a crush on me in HS & being a reasonably attractive RN in "whites", with long legs "didn't hurt anything either".

Then she chuckled again & said, "Bee Gee" told me that he "hoped to H" that selling me the little car wouldn't cost him his dealership..

ODDLY, hardly anyone even "commented upon" the Corvair until AFTER the commercials appeared on TV.

After I found out that it MAY have been the first Corvair ever sold, I tried to find the car to buy it to keep. = NO such luck, as my aunt traded it in on an Impala HT after just 2 years & the little sedan was sold at auction out of the county.

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 07/21/19. Reason: typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836