Originally Posted by Tejano
They can be a bore, a nuisance when they blow your stalk, or a challenge, I like the last best. I shared my Hartmans with some cheetahs destined for relocation and felt good about that. I wished I could bring the biltong back with out the major hassles. I believe their closest relative is the Onanger which is right between an ass and a horse. There have been some efforts to re-breed the Onanger and I think they have have had some success by back crossing zebras, horses and donkeys.

The Boer settlers let their donkeys and horses interbreed with zebra to increase disease resistance. I am not sure how many of this lineage have survived. But I have seen some very stocky ponies that may have a mixed heritage.

A cheetah was identified as a problem animal by a nearby farmer having 4 goats dead. We found this this one in Namibia in 2018 glassing for gemsbock from above and followed him for an hour or so. Reached him about snoozing under a tree at 35 yards with only his head showing. A shot below from my FN Mauser 30-06 worked.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.