Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Well, yeah!

But quite a few PH's have found some clients, who are otherwise good game shots, don't shoot well on zebras. One guess is the stripes confuse the aiming point, which is why Keith Gradwell's description of where to hold is so effective.

John, Not just on zebra, but generally on my first trip, I found my personal computer between my ears was working overtime. While I had practiced from sticks, I hadn't practiced enough. Also the bamboo sticks that the outfitter used didn't work well for me and my rifle. The other thing was I have spent 30 years using the MPBR sight in. It works for me. The outfitter wanted me to be about an inch high at 100. It screwed me up. I was trying to out think myself all the time on the trajectory. Also, my rifles always wear a Harris bipod.

The last trip, I told the outfitter I would not be changing my zero, it was what I was used to, I knew how how to make it work. The outfitter had also relaxed and no longer insisted the clients change from the zeros that they were used to (of course he knew me now). The outfitter also now used Primos Trigger Sticks. Much, much better. I also used the bipod twice. My shooting was infinitely better the whole trip. The fact I was much more relaxed also helped. Jim