Originally Posted by 22250rem
I have yet to see one of the Henry single shot shotguns. A 20 ga. would be real interesting for me. If they look anything like my Henry single in .308 they must be nice. $448 was MSRP on my .308 also but I got it at a Runnings, home, farm & outdoor store and they knocked it down to $423. and change including tax and out the door back in January. Picked up a base model Henry .22 lever gun from there last Oct. and both have real nice wood, shoot well, and I'm real happy with 'em. I may not be able to resist a Henry 20 ga. single. I heard the single shots all had heavy triggers and my .308 does somewhat, but I guess there's some cures for that. Maybe the folks at Henry heard all the complaints and did something about it.

Mine's a .308 as well, and I plan on futzing around with light loads, sabotted loads, and the same mid-level stuff I've been feeding my Hawkeye Predator; 41-42gr of RL15 and ABs or BTs. Single shots are just so easy and pleasant to play with without magazine and feeding issues.

Been too busy handling my father's affairs to visit the range in months, but today's the day; two new ones get aired out at last!

What fresh Hell is this?