Nice rifle Medriver! I’ll be replacing the front site with either a Williams or Truglo 3/8 dovetail fiber optic insert. I’ll remove the front site hood since it’ll wind up being a catch all for mud, snow, vegetation etc. I’ll probably keep the flip up Marbles rear site since open sites will be used for backup only. I’ll be looking for a 1-4...1-6 power scope with illuminated reticle and use the old (but in beautiful shape) Lyman All American 4X as a backup scope. It’ll wear the same rings as the primary scope and it’ll be sighted in appropriately so, in theory, I can take off the primary scope if something happens to it and install the backup scope to the one piece rail and torque it down to the right spec. I should be able to get a repeatable zero even switching scopes. I will check and recheck that my theory proves out before counting on it in real life but I’ve done it several times before on other rifles so I’m hopeful that this one won’t be any different.

As far as the crossing out the old caliber and re-stamping it goes I’ll file and polish out the 30-06 and use that space for the new stamp so it’s not a bunch of gobbledygook on the barrel.

What are you guys using to polish the newly cut barrel? Tubbs or similar style grit impregnated bullets? Is there anywhere that specializes in polishing bores? If a little extra fouling is what I should expect then I’ll be a little more fastidious in my cleaning regimen. If the Tubbs system works well and you guys recommend it then I’ll try that. I helped a buddy polish the bore of his Sendero with the Tubbs system but I thought he was being anal for doing so. 😁......now I’ll be the anal retentive one.

PS....I’m not too caught up on numbers so 2700fps with a 225TSX is merely a general range for me to shoot for. I’m far more concerned about accuracy, velocity comes second.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~