Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp

Poking holes one after another does nothing but teach you bad habits.

This has got to be one of the dumbest statements ever. I am sure Brady, Butch, Reo, Dave, Jesse, and add any other great archers to the list would agree with you, NOT!

You don't become great not shooting a lot of arrows constantly.

Ha!! you can bet good $ I believe my own statement! There are few and I repeat darn few archers among the world's best whom benefit from repetative shooting be it gun or bow. Ask them yourself, the easiest way to pick up a bad habit is to become too repetitive in your mechanics your brain will soon become bored forcing you make mental shortcuts whether you acknowledge them or not ( recall that "flyer" you made for no apparent good reason in your last outing?). i.e., snipers train with one or two shots at a time. I taught archery, most likely prior to your birth for 25 years to some well accomplished archers an the equipment we used then was not nearly as critical as today's
Hey I too enjoy pounding the backstop into weak spots but that is not a productive way to practice. Facts prove 85% of practice should be done prior to actually picking up a bow with a false draw system and a back tension release practicing your form...poor form is the result of repetitive movements...muscle memory is formed easily as it os much easier to train your muscles than train your brain.
But why try to elighten those whom seem to know all the answers?