Originally Posted by pete53
"........Bowhunting bigger whitetail bucks is very difficult most of the time , you don`t get many close shots with a bow in a person`s life time that`s why i practice as much as i can and have.

Pete53: I do not know where you hunt but I will assure you I've never drawn my bow on ANY game animal ,sans a bull moose in BC that stood broadside at 45 yds,over 30 yds. I've killed some darn nice bucks in my life 40 in a row as a matter of fact that score over 125" my largest a 193"+ was shot at 12 yds. How did I accomplish that? By learning to hunt from a treestand that is placed at the proper spot. I used to stillhunt an still do a little of it today but after I learned where to place a stand when to hunt it without over hunting it my success rate went up.
No disrespect meant or intended what is an accepted hunting style in one area may not be in another. On one of my 5 caribou hunts to northern Quebec the guide insisted I take a 70 yd shot at a monster bull after we could not stalk any closer in the tundra after I rfused to do so he cussed a blue streak and headed back to camp without me. Later that day I killed a bigger bull by myself at 25 yds with a double lung shot....needless to say he got no tip from me.