A two trigger SXS improves my bird to shell ratio. Might lower the final count of bag at end of day tho.

Jim - Me too. I see "tactical" and go blind.... read/look no farther.

Was in Anchorage Cabelas a week or so ago on way to backpack caribou hunting among the ATV's. Haven't been in there in a year or so, but needed a couple sets of slings and sling mounts and a scope cover. (I have them, somewhere- disappeared during family room renovation- probably in the bottom of a box of wife's stuff....) I bought one sling swivel set and re-rigged an old military leather sling for the wife to carry the .260 Rem 725 with broken extractor. Hey, it took 2 bulls as a single shot! smile Gotta get that replacement extractor in before moose season!

What a bunch of crap in Cabelas. They had a bunch of military/tactical/combat slings and some other POS stuff. No scope covers worth spit. I ended up hand carrying the 10.3 pound (ithout ammo or sling - I weighed it after!) M98. And here I thought it was just "pushing 10# fully loaded and slung".. It does put 'em into one inch at 300 yards tho.

There is more to this , but not here... Point being Cabelas has gone to hell in their stores. Have to lookonline to see if they still carry the sling and scope covers I want. .

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.