My dad stepped off the technology train sometime in the 1960's. He refused to use anything new. He never figured out how to operate a TV remote, refused to use a cell phone, and I even had to change the time on his clocks twice a year for him because he wouldn't learn how. Of course he got it honest. His dad got a draft notice during WW-1, but was sent home because as a farmer it was determined he was more helpful to the war effort on the farm. Dad was drafted and served in WW-2. When he came home his dad refused to modernize and expected dad to still plow behind a mule. Dad wanted nothing of it and moved on.

I refuse to be "that guy". I'm not quick to jump on the gimmick band wagon. But if something newer proves better I use it. After watching a wood stock split in a rain I bought a Brown Precision stock in 1983.
I haven't hunted with a wood stocked bolt gun in 36 years. I have no intention of going back. I'm neutral on SS. Some have SS, others are blue, but I want no part of wood on a rifle.

I was late to the 6.5 world, but have come to appreciate the caliber. For those who have been using the 6.5X55 for years I compliment you on being smarter than I and recognizing the round early. If you have a rifle you like then there is little reason to change. But as a new 6.5 owner there is no reason for me go with anything other than the 6.5 CM. Hate it if you must, but it just works.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.