Originally Posted by beretzs
My 72 year old hunting partner did the same thing this year. Went from a 300 to a 280... much lighter rifle. We shall see what he thinks of it.

Dang Scotty. Send him my way, I'll let him shoot some of my 6.5 creedmoor rifles. He may like those even more than the 280... Just sayin.. Oh, and on the topic of 300 wby magnum rifles. There was a guy selling his at a local site I frequent and in his ad, it read push feed model 70. In his pictures, it was a classic CRF. He only wanted $550.00 for it. I told him that the rifle pictured was a CRF. He took the listing off right after I told him. Hell, I would have bought the rifle, but honestly he didn't even know what he had... That classic 300wby is a rare bird and worth far more than his asking price... I can relate to the op though. I sold my sporter m1917 300WBY and have regrets.... I still save my die set, just in case I run across the perfect 300wby again..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA