Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
My 72 year old hunting partner did the same thing this year. Went from a 300 to a 280... much lighter rifle. We shall see what he thinks of it.

Dang Scotty. Send him my way, I'll let him shoot some of my 6.5 creedmoor rifles. He may like those even more than the 280... Just sayin.. Oh, and on the topic of 300 wby magnum rifles. There was a guy selling his at a local site I frequent and in his ad, it read push feed model 70. In his pictures, it was a classic CRF. He only wanted $550.00 for it. I told him that the rifle pictured was a CRF. He took the listing off right after I told him. Hell, I would have bought the rifle, but honestly he didn't even know what he had... That classic 300wby is a rare bird and worth far more than his asking price... I can relate to the op though. I sold my sporter m1917 300WBY and have regrets.... I still save my die set, just in case I run across the perfect 300wby again..

I picked up a xtr sporter in a 300 Weatherby for $400 and it came with a leupold vx11c. Anyhow rifle is getting cerakoted sniper gray. The floor plate was off a stainless classic. So said screw it cerakote it, then bed it and go shoot it. Far as the classics in the Weatherby calibers, from what I gathered/read they made the 270 and 300 Weatherby on a 1 yr production run. I had a classic in the 270 Weatherby, my buddy wanted it more than me so I sold it to him.. the stainless classic in the 300 Weatherby is a rare one, they said the 270 Weatherby was made in stainless as well. I never seen one.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.