Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Have killed a bunch of porkers with rifle rounds covering a large part of the caliber spectrum. My favorite is here in my hands, #3 buck at about 20 yards. That particular gun has accounted for about 70 hogs in its day, none required a repeat shot. Anyone doubting the efficacy of close range shot might not have a lot of experience with such things in the field. Fug a bunch of shield theory....it's not so much the gun as the jerk behind the trigger that gets it done.

[Linked Image]

Dang it Dan, wear a ring on your left ring finger once upon a time ? The real lesson here might be most 12 shells will work at very close distance on hogs, but just don't wear a ring while wrestling them.

I did, then one day it divorced me in a very final fashion. It stang a bit but the evolution has been useful at times. Cashiers that are diddlin' around quit as soon as I start wigglin' it at them. I can flip a bird with half the effort of most folks. Chicks always want to sit on my right side for some weird reason.

For the record, that's a 20 bore I'm holdin' there. I save the 12 bore for Godzilla.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain