Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Puppy
I been shooting Barnes X in one form or another for many years, never had one to fail to do the job at modest or ultra high speed and I am not wanting the kick to be an issue for her. I can always speed it up later if she can handle it. I shoot a 300 RUM with 180 gr TTSX, in the past I have shot a 300WM with a 165 gr original X and then TSX and a 30-06 with the TSX, terminal performance has been great with all of them and if you reload and take time to find the sweet spot off the lands they are as accurate as any bullet made. This about a 9 yo girl who weighs 60 lbs. full clothed and soaking wet, MAYBE so why scare her with a hot load?

I strongly agree with using a mild load, it's the Barnes part I'm asking about. For the appropriately modest ranges you mentioned I'd go even milder. Think along the lines of a 100 grain Nosler at 250 Savage speed pushed by something like 4895.

That's another way of saying 6.5 Grendel. Difference being you don't have to load for it and there's. $0.25 per round plinking available for it.

If the OP doesn't already have the 260 Rem barrel the Grendel would be a neat option.