fuzzytail, now you're talkin'. I love 'em dipped in egg, or egg and beer, and dragged through some yellow cornmeal and fried as you described and served with good tartar sauce. OMG! That's a Gulf Coast feast fit for a king if their ever was one.

Some of my mother's family came from Germany and their port of entry into the country was right here in Calhoun County Texas on Matagorda Bay. The county is still full of my relatives and I have lived here most of my life. Some of my family were and are commercial fishermen. That family has been gathering oysters for 171 years. We eat oysters every way you can imagine. I love good clean raw oysters but you only want to get them when there hasn't been a lot of rain in good clean unpolluted bay waters. I've been eating them raw all my life and never gotten sick because I'm very careful. My dad taught me that. And if I buy oysters I want to know who got them and where he got them.

I also love them fried and we make our own tarter sauce from an old family recipe. It's easy. Get good mayonaise, I like Kraft. Helmans is good but for me it's too buttery tasting. Get some dill relish, and an onion. I have a food processor that makes the onion into almost a cream. For a pint jar of mayonaise I use half an onion and about 4 table spoons of dill relish. I have also added a teaspoon of mustard and a teaspoon of sugar, but I really prefer it plain. I use it for fish, oysters, and even just french fries or onion rings.

Last edited by Filaman; 08/21/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!