Originally Posted by Gus
just a note of general agreement. fried, baked, grilled, steamed, microwaved oysters are all good.

raw ones are good too, but on some occasions can leave hep A markers in one's blood workup.

not that it hurts the liver all that much, but once the markers are there, they're there.

it also can come from dirty/affected well water, and various other sources.

dirty seafood from affected areas is a high probability likelihoo d.

Contaminated oysters can give you hep a, bigger n Dallas! Once when my late father in law came down from Missouri to visit we went to Seadrift and got a bag of unopened oysters. We took them back to my dad's house and were drinking beer and opening oysters. My dad caught him eating one raw and told him we didn't know where those oysters came from and he probably shouldn't be eating them raw. But he was a hard headed ol' German and kept eating about every third one he opened. About a month after he went home my wife was talking to her mother on the phone and she said her dad wasn't feeling well and had gone to the doctor. The nex week they put him in the hospital with Hep. As I said above, I never eat them raw if I don't know who got them and where they came from. If questionable like that they get the piss fried out of them before I eat 'em.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!