Good stuff guys, yes, re: the shorts that old timer said....I've often 'sensed' in experience that faster solids seem to wound more than slower ones...if using solids. Not that HV will give any hydrostatic shock like a centerfire. Even with Mini-Mags, here in the thick south, had rabbits soak up a body hit and go off in the brush to be lost, granted those were longer shots, perhaps expansion iffy. The WW Power-Points ANCHORED them IME.

I've mostly run HP's of various sorts on tree rats....some from handguns. Read many glowing reports of the match brand SS HPs like RWS and ELEY, but also the CCI seem to do well, perhaps not always as consistently accurate, testing would confirm.

On the guy above using a magnum, are you using a semi-auto? You mentioned manually loading being a distraction.

Last year my limited experience at the end of season using CCI SS HPs, the pop did not bother other squirrels as much as the crack of a HV, but I have a small amount of experience to draw any conclusion. They did hit with a solid thump/whack, and they folded up, one a body shot.

Years ago late one evening, I was shooting grey squirrels with a then Marlin 75 HB Carbine, had a short mag under stock, fed with Rem SS HPs, and a 2.5x Leupold, reticle almost covering the little squirrels but it was very effective. Not sure if the Rems are as accurate across the board as CCIs in SS HP.

Not sure I have any left, but long ago had a few bricks of WW Silhouette, have to see if they were 40 or 42s, and if HP...I recall buying them with the intent of hunting, but no doubt a Power Point is a sure killer, and my old stash shoots 5 or even 10 in a dime in a 77/22 - CNC reworked a 10/22 Butler Creek HB, cut to 17" - feels like a truck axle so I seldom take it these days. Always wanted a Clark Custom 10/22 with fluted heavy SS 16" - called the Squirrel Special. Perhaps with their trigger job it's nice, but not sure if that trigger can match a good bolt trigger.

Appreciate everyone participating. I have not lost many squirrels over the years that I have hit, but a few, even with shotguns, but I really get irritated with anything other than a DRT, and hate losing any. Thanks folks.