Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Eley subsonic hollow point, and never look back. Very accurate in almost every gun I have ever tried it in

^ Could not agree more. I’ve gone to them pretty much exclusively for everything.

I shoot a lot of jackrabbits. This summer I found myself out in the middle of the desert with nothing but round nose after leaving my regular Eley SS HP hunting ammo back at the house. I pretty quickly found out just how poor a substitute round nose is for jacks which would normally drop like being struck by lightning when hit with the Eley. Eley makes an unmistakable solid “WHOP!” sound on impact and just floors them. The solids just maimed and wounded and required multiple hits to put them down. I will never use them again on live game.

Try Winchester Power Points- you won't be disappointed in the terminal results.... I have found the bullets laying on the ground next to dead critters and quite often they are flattened out about the size of a nickel. I've used them up to coyotes and they are very effective....

Bob

Used to use them all the time back when they were still Australian. I switched to quality SS, Euro made ammo pretty much exclusively many years ago and it’s all I use now in all my rimfires. Eley, SK, Wolf, etc. they shoot so well and they’re so quiet, there’s no need for anything else.