I wouldn't put too much weight on the sales talk. They are a fairly new company in a crowded field and selling to the expanding pain demographic may mean selling a few more jackets...:) Considering the length of the current economic expansion, a new company needs to move enough product to gain ground in name recognition prior to any contraction.

The actual performance claims they made however, drew my attention. Waterproof, windproof on the Selkirk.

A friend in Wyoming told me he was sold on the Selkirk, so am going to give it a go this year for CO and for the UP. Talking to them, CS provided me with more detail than requested the following day.

The 33oz weight was a bit of an obstacle next to Kuiu or Sitka. I always carry a rain jacket in my pack as routine for intermittent rain/snow crap, and will leave that back at camp, so weight-wise will save some ounces.

Usually do a 2XL on an outer, so that I can get an insulation layer under it when needed and still shoulder the rifle without the jacket binding. That is the case with this Selkirk.

fwiw

Defend the Constitution