Originally Posted by lvmiker
Where I live if someone attempts to hit me w/ a pipe I will shoot him to the ground. I won't attempt to wrestle him, use less than deadly force or hope for mercy. Deadly force is appropriate when the attacker demonstrates the ability and opportunity to place a human being in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm. If I am forced to shoot some one I will continue to shoot until I am no longer in fear of imminent harm. I have no intention to ever kill anyone, but if he dies it will be as a result of his own actions.

Drugged? drunk? Crazy? a jihadi?. It matters not at all and I will react to the threat. Intent, motivation etc. will not be important at the time but survival will be. The fight will be what it is, not what you wish it was, he who hesitates is lost.

YMMV.

mike r

Guy dropped the 2x4 and was walking away, how is the cop still in "imminent jeopardo of death or great bodily harm"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell