Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

In the Pacific Northwest, many of us are more impressed with Colorado ice climbers than we are with Colorado "North American high peak climbers".

So, now that you've introduced us to KC, Peakbagger... have KC fill us in on the details. Some of us love route details, especially of remote Alaskan, Canadian and Washington State peaks. Colorado peaks...not so much.

Joe:

I'm getting kind of long in the tooth and my climbing days are in the past, but I might have climbed something that you are interested in climbing. I would be happy to provide info.

Yes in Colorado bagging peaks is the thing and most Colorado climbers get started that way. Me too. I have climbed 130 peaks in North America: all of the Colorado fourteeners and many other CO peaks (you say you're not inteterested in CO). But I didn't quit when I completed the Colorado fourteeners. I also climbed the big three on the Westcoast (I assume that you've already done those), the Mexican Volcanos, McKinley three times before Obama renamed it including the south Buttress.

I've done some ice climbing including the Arnold-Michael route on the Crestone Needle, the Black Ice Coulouir on the North Face of the Grand Teton, Liberty Ridge on Rainier, and several of the Canadian Rockies including Mount Robson. Mount Assiniboine is really dramatic. The Ouray Ice Park is lots of fun although none of the clmbs are more than half a pitch.

KC

PS: I always wanted to do some climbing in the Wrangle-Saint Elais Wilderness. But McCarthy was as close as I got.

Congrats on the Liberty Ridge route. We did Curtis Ridge and the next year East Willis Wall to Curtis Ridge.

A few:

Multiple ascents of all the Cascade volcanoes, from all the cardinal approaches. They all have Indian names, too.

Half the peaks in the Northern and Southern Pickets.

Goode Peak. Forbidden Peak. Mount Logan. Mount Index.

Multiples of Mount Shuksan, Mount Stuart, Dragontail Peak, Prusik Peak and a few others I've forgotten...oh wait...Colchuck Peak. American Border Peak.

Hats off for the McKinley/Denali climbs.

I don't travel to Canada, anymore, but I do keep the occasional eye on them.

We considered Jeff Lowe who spent much time in Colorado as the deacon of alpine style and regret his passing.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !