Originally Posted by fburgtx
I’ve got an older Stihl FS250, which is 40cc, that I picked up at a pawn shop for $80. It has handlebars and a harness.

Its probably mine. laugh

I had one of those walk off a few years ago and it still ticks me off. I think I left it under my carport overnight in what I thought was a good neighborhood....it was one of those deals where in my mind I thought I had put it away but didn't. Its a middle age thing. Didn't even realize it was gone until the next time I cut grass and was like "where's my dang weedeater". Come to find out later a few sophisticated urbanites were cruising the neighborhood nabbing nice stuff like that which idiots such as myself left available to them. They were probably magnetized to Stihl orange. A guy a few streets over who works nights saw one of them trying to walk off with his neighbor's lawn mower that he left in his front yard while taking a break and chased him away. I think the cops finally got them.

I bought it to keep up trails and clear areas for little food plots. Got a tractor and only used it for trimming afterwards......the world's most powerful one....or close to it.

But I agree with everything else in your post. I had a saw blade, three fingered cutter, and "polycut mowing head" which has string and plastic cutters for stuff a little heavier than grass. Actually I still have those but my smaller model Stihl is not strong enough for anything but the polycut. All work well and yes the handlebars are probably a good idea when using a saw blade.

I thought about buying a new 250 and leaving it out while hiding in the bushes with a 12 gauge.....but I reckon that would have been against the law.....baiting and whatnot.

Last edited by RJY66; 09/11/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn