Btw, FWIW...the 400 was one of the worst tractors IH (old IH and not the current New Holland stuff) made. Weak rear end. The M's were the best tractors of their day, far superior to some Johnny Popper two-lunger. You ever see farmers back in ye olden time periods without fingers? It's because they "knew" how to hook up equipment by themselves from the back of the tractor using the hand clutch. Proper Farmall's didn't have such antiquated shixt. The 560's, etc. were good tractors too, but the 3010's and 3020's were just better. An 8N is a nice tractor but it's for truck gardening and such. Feel free to disagree but a lot of the "experience" you get on here is from guys with 5 acres who go to a lot of steam power shows and suchlike and look at some rig some old dude has restored. Riding a f u c k i n g M in a parade for fifteen minutes without a disc behind you threatening to kill you at a moment's notice if you fall asleep due to having worked on the same f u c k i n g M from daylight until it got too dark to see because the light's NEVER worked on them f u c k e r s, is a far cry from what I just described. The 400 is about the same. People FLOCKED to get 3010's and 4010's because they were hugely more comfortable and safer.