Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...on string trimmers?

Stihl makes a tool called a "Yard Boss" with a 27cc 2 stroke motor. It comes with a small tiller head that I'm not interested in. But it can also be fitted with a string trimmer head that will accept a circular brush cutting blade. The rig has fairly wide set handlebars and can be outfitted with an optional pair of wheels. It seems to me that it would be a good tool for cutting down shrubs and various vegetation without having to crawl around on the ground with a chainsaw.

So has anyone had any experience with a string trimmer equipped with a circular brush cutting blade?,....if so, how well did it work and what size engine was on the string trimmer that you outfitted with the blade?

Are you still brainstorming how to murder the cane patch ?

I don't think I've got enough left for the cane patch. I'm going to hire a pro to do that. I've also got about an acre of miscellaneous scrub brush and overgrown ornamental plants that need to be attacked.

So far I've been crawling around with a chainsaw to take care of it,..but that's getting old.

The idea of standing up and shoving a circular saw blade into that mess appeals to me.