They do tend to be a bit dryer than a domestic bird. Try to shoot one later in the fall they will have more fat. Roasting whole will benefit from brining as well. Legs are going to be rather tough no matter what you do and have lots of hard tendons. Early fall birds are full of pin feathers and a pain to pluck as well.

I usually breast my bird out. Pound out slices into thin cutlets bread and fry. I trim as much meat as I can off the carcass and grind it. Unbelievable how tasty ground wild turkey is compared to that store bought crap. The bones make great soup.

If your looking for a roasting option I have roasted just the breast with great success. I pluck the bird then skin trying to leave the skin intact as possible. I Remove the breasts from the bone. I butterfly and pound the breast out to about an inch thick. Cover the breast with your stuffing of choice. Then roll the breast up. Once rolled wrap with a piece the skin and tie it it three or four places. Roast as you would a whole bird, less time of course. Be very moist have the tasty crisp skin and easy to carve.