Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mike. Did you ever get some of the Buffalo Boar Outdoorsman Hard Cast loads for your carry 9mm ?
They work well on hogs here at the Ranch.
Although I prefer the 45 acp version personally, but if a 9mm is all you have, I highly recommend them.

Yes indeed.

I used to carry a 3” .357 S&W j-frame loaded hot until one day I was waving my arms and shouting at one of them really big boars at 20 yards in the path. It seemed somewhat PO’d but eventually conceded the right of way.

If it woulda charged and I shot well IIRC I had five rounds of hot 180 grain solids to stop it. I much preferred the prospect of ten 200 grain Buffalo Bore 10mm Hardcasts so I ran out and got a Glock 29 for that very reason. Maybe the only person in America, nay, the World, who bought a Glock 29 to go birdwatching 🙂

After about five years of difficult to find ammo I traded off the Glock 29, figuring 15 rounds of 147gr 9mm Hardcasts out of my Glock 19 would serve just as well.

I recently picked up a Taurus G2c, 12+1 9mm rounds in a compact package. Ain’t had a chance to try BB Hardcasts out of it yet.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744