Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I always go into the woods carrying, mostly on account of hogs. People too, of course, but mostly hogs.

People of Walmart...aren't they hogs?

15 (??) 20 (??) years ago when SKS’s were cheap and abundant at gun shows a lot of folks around here bought em. So when I heard two separate rapid fire shot strings maybe 50-100 yards out along urban Leon Creek one Christmas Count morning I just assumed SKS. After deer or hogs either one, prob’ly by guys that lived in the ‘hood immediately adjacent.

Doesn’t trouble me if they eat ‘em, but last Fall or the one before in that big hog’s woods by the base there was a sizable buck dead in the creek, like the one in Dances With Wolves. Prob’ly ran off and died after being shot.

One time I was back in some woods on the Southwest Side when two skinny little Guatemalan (or wherever) Indians in full camo gear stood up from some cover, looked like friggin Central American guerillas. Friendly and all but not a lick of English. One had a pump shotgun the other a scoped rifle. Meat hunters from the notorious Indian Creek neighborhood about 100 yards away.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744