Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
BCA put the uppers on for $264, which is a lot less than a RAR, so that made it a relatively cheap experiment. I notice Hornady now has a 170gr bullet for it.

I'm wondering if a typical 5.56 lower might benefit from a heavier buffer before mounting this upper?

That's the way I went & just received my BCA upper. I picked up some of the Hornady 170gr loads for it too. Haven't tested for accuracy but a quick 10 round "function test" went without a hitch.
I'm no AR expert by any means, but if it uses the same bolt group and runs at the same pressure as 5.56, it would seem the same buffer would be fine?

I get it some folks are incensed with not being able to use .223 cases, but with readily available and relatively inexpensive brass and FMJ (<$10) plinking ammo, I don't see it as a huge stumbling block. In the big picture of things, it's a very small percentage of people who buy into the .350 that such things matter.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn