I killed a spike the weekend before last with the .350. The shot was about 90 yards, broadside, and I hit him in the heart. He went 20 yards, blood pouring out both holes, and piled up. The load was the Winchester Factory 180gr softpoints, which group well. On game at moderate range, I think this setup is a very satisfactory deer rifle.

The BCA upper has carbine gas, and seems to correctly gassed, as it ejects at 3:30. Using a 10 round CMMG magazine, there's been no malfunctions. RCBS supposedly has dies coming, but I've not seen them in stock anywhere. Redding and Lee have dies but I don't like Lee and won't pay big bucks for the Reddings. Starline has brass, and Hornady has bullets.

My chamber only has about .002"-.003" neck clearance with the Winchester brass - which is probably why it shoots well. I've not yet tried seating .358 bullets, since I have no dies, but they won't slip into fired cases.

I don't know if this will prove reliable enough for serious social purposes, but I'm pleased, so far.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 11/14/19. Reason: added info

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."