Originally Posted by jimmyp
the deer season 150 grain looks like a black v-max at 2300 fps. Yondering's 358 Herrett makes more sense to me, 200 grain V-max at 2200. I don't get things right now, a straight wall case that is not able to be used in a straight walled state.

My 358 was always intended to duplicate 35 Remington performance (I've liked that old cartridge since I first started learning about rifles and handloading), and it does a good job of that. For straight up hunting performance in an AR it's probably a better choice in most states, but I certainly get the appeal of the 350 Legend. I have to admit, if the Legend had been available 5-6 years ago, I may not have bothered with my 358.

I'm still tempted to pick up a Legend barrel; with the right twist rate I think it could be a sweet suppressed setup with heavy subsonic loads. If Winchester (or somebody) would release a 350 Legend load that approximates a 158gr hollow point 38 Special for suppressed use, they could have a real winner, especially if used in something like a Ruger American Compact. I'd buy one.

Last edited by Yondering; 12/12/19.