Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm not much of a shotgun guy. If I lived somewhere with pheasants in abundance, I probably would be.

But I once had a serious craving for a CZ Bobwhite 20 gauge. Bud had one at his shop years ago and I stopped by and fondled it a few times. They're made in Turkey and scaled down to 20 gauge size,....a very sleek little straight gripped English style double with a color case hardened receiver. I probably would have bought it if it didn't have screw in chokes. I just couldn't get past a traditional English style double gun with screw in chokes.

They stopped making them for a few years,...but I've found out that they've released them again. Apparently, they've started using CNC machining to produce them and they're offering them for even less than they were 15 years ago. They were about $800+ back then. They're $600+ these days,....maybe less. The $600+ is MSRP. They've given up the case hardened receivers and gone with black chrome this time, however.

If they would give up the screw in chokes and offer them IC/ modified,....or even modified/full,..I might buy one just to hold in my lap here and there.

Here's the gen 1.

The old ones are very nice guns. I’ve owned several in 20 ga, 28 ga, and .410. They handle and shoot very well too. Haven’t seen the newer versions. But nearly EVERY shotgun made nowadays has screw in chokes. Get over it and buy one. Life is too damn short to sweat the small stuff.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~