Leupold told me they want two hundred bucks for a rerticle change, Ouch. I have a German #4 in a VX3 1.5-5x20 and ya can't miss it. I had a Leupold Post-Duplex and like it and the Fire Dot 4 in the VXR line is a good reticle. My Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 has the illumination option and it is a more positive and better thought out illumination nob then the Leupold's I have had. The Forceplex reticle on the Nightforce is ok, but I would of liked something like the Firedot 4 reticle. All of these reticles allow hits to 500 yards, which takes care of my needs for moose and caribou.

I am fortunate to have moose pass through my 2.5 acre lot on a regular basis and have been able to sight on them in dark timber with many scopes that me and friends had. A VX5 2-10x42 had very good low light glass, but the wide Duplex left me wanting, even with the illumination option.

I think a reticle change would help and feel it is more important then expensive glass that may only be 5% better, but if ya got the cash.

I would like to look through a big Schmidt $ Bender with a 50 to 56 mm objective just to see how good it is, but would not want to carry it around or pay for it.