Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The 6mm Rem has been my longtime favorite. I’ve offered this point before but it doesn’t seem to have gone much of anywhere. When looking at the ballistics, using longer, heavier bullets, the 6mm Rem runs pretty much side by side with the 6mm Creedmoor. My 6mm Rem uses a 7 1/2” twist barrel, like the CM would and I can’t really tell any difference in the two. Factory ammo offerings aside, I don’t see much difference in the two.
Am I missing anything?

You didn't miss anything, but Remington missed the boat when they introduced the .244 originally, and according to the 1964 Gun Digest I just bought, still came up a bit short when they "fixed" it as the 6mm. A 3" "short" action with a fast-twist barrel probably would make it all better, but I don't see the point now with the Creed available. Fans like you can do whatever floats their boat of course. Commercially, it's game over.

Somebody here said Weatherby is selling a fast-twist .240, which ought to liven things up a bit for those who don't reload (reladers would likely have a 6mm/06 or 6mm/.284). I'll settle for the smaller capacity ones and longer barrel life.

Last edited by Pappy348; 10/06/19.

What fresh Hell is this?