We shot a lot of coyotes and bobcat in the 80's for fur money. We settled on the Speer 52gr HP that had the bigger opening in the .223 out of mini-14's, sorry I don't remember the #. They would drop them and not exit. Out of a 14" Contender it was the Hornady 50gr. SPSX. I tried several out of a .22-250 and never found a bullet that that wouldn't exit at all. I used Nosler 50gr BT's mostly, but when they failed to stay in the damage was ridiculous. I had every bit as much success with Hornady 75gr HP pushed to max (or a little over) out of my .257 Roberts as I did with the .22-250. We also tried .243's as well with the Barnes 60gr Varmint Grenade, Nosler Ballistic tips, and a couple others. These last three were best when you could shoot them a little farther out than the in-your-lap called in ones. Was totally unimpressed with Varmint Grenade in every caliber and weight we tried. Years later I am using AR's and still find the Speer 52gr works very well. The faster twist barrels of the mini or AR will cause the SPSX, Blitz, etc to come apart in flight. I think the "best" will be defendant on method of take. Called in up close I'd hands down recommend the Speer 52gr, if you're trying spot & stalk, or watching a bait pile you may find a wider window works as well.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson