Funny thing, I've never owned a factory rifle in any of the 6mm cartridges.

I've only owned 3 rifles with 6mm barrels, first was a 6x.284, later a 6mm Rem AI, and finally a .240 Weatherby. The 6x.284 was a ton of fun. Wasn't maybe as accurate as I'd hoped on paper but it didn't miss much and it threw pieces of varmints like nothing I've ever owned. There'd be stringers of squirrel guts 25-30 feet up in the tree branches from squirrels shot on the ground. It had a 1-14" twist. Mostly shot 70 grain ballistic tips with RL19 but I also experimented with the 55 grain ballistic tip and 58, 65, and 75 grain VMAXes. The 80 grain ballistic tip wouldn't stabilize in my gun. The 6mm Rem AI was a pain in the ass. Again, a 1-14" twist varmint rifle. I couldn't get accuracy with any powder but Win 760 and I ran into hard powder fouling problems with serious pressure spikes at times. The .240 was another problem-ish rifle. It was a 700 with an aftermarket barrel, 1-9" twist. I just couldn't get the accuracy I thought it should deliver.

I think today if I were buying a 6mm of some sort the Creedmoor would have to get a very serious look. Consistent brass. So would a Weatherby Vanguard RC.

Building .. that 6mm Rem AI pissed me off. I'd like to take another whack at it but this time with a faster twist and a sporter profile for hunting rather than slow twist and a heavy barrel for varmints. The reamer was custom made around a lighter hornady varmint bullet with a sharp shoulder. I think it'd do fine with more tapered heavy VLDs and hunting bullets w/o changing throats.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...