Do research, get references for the exact week you are planning to hunt. References for several years. Know what kind of hunt you want?

We just got back from central BC and it was not what outdoors international had promoted.

We spent 13 hours a day for 9 days road hunting. Not what was expressed even by the outfitters website.
I went with buddy, his brother and his dad. I got a small moose, and buddy got a six foot bear and his brother got a seven foot bear.
We had a couple other chances, but road hunting was not our desired method.

Lots of messaging problems, I showed a second guide on day six where, I and outfitter, had gotten a small moose on day four, guide says “ only Jim(outfitter) would go to that much work to get a moose”. I was the only one to get a moose, a small one, and doing two hours of hunting was the highlight of 10 days. Outfitter quit hunting and started tearing down camp after I shot my moose on day 4.

I raised frustrations and was lectured you can’t guide the guide.

Outfitter stated on day 4 after I shot moose that all the bears were hibernating so no reason to hunt them. Group shot two big bears and I had a chance on night of day nine on big bear. Saw more big bears than moose.

Last day we drove the same 40 km road back and forth. At the same time, guide is denigrating resident road hunters.