Dwayne, we are wintering well all things considered. My 'check engine light' did come on briefly and they sent me to Van for some tests. Seems I have to go back later next month but the doctors opinion is that I might very well be around awhile longer!

Anyway, your post was very much on point and it is obvious you are highly tuned into the problems in wildlife management we are dealing with across a lot of western Canada. Yukons low population density is the only thing saving us from BCs fate. Northern BC is in much the same boat as your neck of the woods Im afraid. A very well known outfitter in the trench told me that his moose population is less than 50% of what it was just a few short years ago. The grizzly hunt debacle just made things a lot worse.

I hope you and yours have a great Christmas and all the best to you in the new year. All old guys like us can do is to keep plugging along and do our best to give sound advice when its warranted ! BC used to have the best hunting in north America by a long shot, and for those of us that experienced it, the current situation is very sad to see....