Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Another personal attack, but at least you put a name there. How do you think Sam will respond to the fact you put his name out there like this?

I am laughing and your only move is being a total dick. Please expound further on things you know nothing about.

And to be very, very clear you are relying on hearsay evidence and have NOT given one name that will enlist on your side. You are not going to find an AK guide willing to come down on your side in public. Privately you may find one trying to appease a potential client.

So what happened to your challenge of "just one name"? Now you modify it with the qualifier "in public", which, STUPID, has been my often stated reticence to provide one. What an artful dodge. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If you go back to the start, it was YOUR casting of the first stone that started this. Then you ask to put a name out there and when I am reticent to do so, you call me a liar (ergo the personal and valid invectives). Then when I do put the name out there because *MY* integrity is in question, you chastise because I put the name "out there" and in no way was being disparaging towards Sam, in fact HE would get my business with his reasonable approach of when to carry hot or not. I was just merely relating what my friend, HIS CLIENT told me about carrying hot. It was YOU, who issued the first insult and a now proven false statement that ALL guides in Alaska proscribe carrying hot.

Oh, just got off the phone with Mike Stroff of Savage Outdoors TV show. Both him and his dad just got back from a moose hunt (to be shown on his TV shoe next year) and guess what? the second they got off the skiff and go after the moose he eventually shot and with bear tracks all around the bank and guess what? they went hot. WAY before the moose was seen. Perhaps next time if you disagree with someone you might want to take a different tact by maybe saying "the overwhelming majority of guide in Alaska do not want clients to carry hot" or words to that effect, other than "get off your high horse" I don't enjoy this, I really don't, but if you think I was just going to sit idle while you threw crap at me, well there it is. AS to Sam. if he is at DSC this year and he's taken umbrage (assuming you are calling him as a write this to Gomer Pyle citizen's arrest my ass), I will personally apologize . As to you, it'll be a cold day in hell...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”