as i have said previously, most of my goldens have been rescues. Then there is ciara, the girl princess, now about 7. I was heart broken over the death of another golden, heard about this breeder, and got to see the puppies almost right after birth. I eventually got the choice of the the two females, selecting the runt of the litter. she had all the health certificate and lineage of her parents.
ciara had a uti the first week we brought her home. I didn't really know what a urinary tract infection was. Bad allergies that continued up to her present age. at about six months she was limping, 4000 dollar plus surgery bill to repair her front elbows.
she probably runs me about 200 a month for medications and it's well spent.
the dog understands an aweful lot of english, you just have to say words and she knows what you are talking about.
light of my life, constant companion.
all my other companions have some medical issue which i deal with to keep them happy.
I had a guy one time ask me why i spent so much on dogs, rather than the same time effort and money on people. real simple, dogs treat me better.
max the 12 year old, 4k for a broken leg, and monthly cost of antiseizure medication.
molly , another rescue, monthly medications.
the 15 year old lap dog has cost about 5k. that money was set aside for her care by a prior owner who died, all went for medical bills.
ciara is a typical goldie, which you don't often see. Looks more like a spaniel, short powerful legs, light yellow coat almost white, short nose, blocky head.
people often mention owning dogs. I don't own these dogs, they own me.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/21/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO