I bugged Nosler for years about building Partitions for the 458 and when they finally did I had been writing for Wolfe Publishing for long enough that I had accumulated a fair stash of other premium bullets and learned how well they worked that I had not tried them. I even had a box and considered using them this year but in a nostalgic moment
( as this was my 40th year of guiding) decided to go with the Woodleighs I had previously loaded up.
And I take full responsibility for the choice as I knew full well how soft Woodleighs are and that I might have to stop a wounded bear from escaping, rather than just facing a charging one. And as I have pointed out numerous time on these forums, nostalgia ain't worth crap when things go south !
Guess I will give the Partitions a try next spring

And for those of you who are fans of Woodleighs, go ahead and use them as they work pretty good most of the time, and their solids are excellent.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.